I cannot recommend this book highly enough. It is the first word, the last word, and
if there is such a thing, the middle word, on overlanding. Buy it – you won’t regret it.
SA 4×4 magazine.
Free delivery almost anywhere
OLH2 is a less expensive paperback, updated and condensed to 480 fact-packed pages, with new AMH-style colour trip reports by overland adventurers from around the world.
To read more about me, click the picture, right.
To preview the book click this.
• Planning, preparation and documentation
• Vehicle choice – from a regular 2WD car or van to an AWD truck
• Overlanding with children
• Outfitting a vehicle for long-term travel
• Guidelines on building your own motorhome-style cabin
• Life on the road: borders, wild camping, money changing, scams, police trouble
• Off-road driving and recovery techniques
• Navigation using maps, GPS and common sense
• Short- and long-range communications
• Travellers health; a comprehensive resource on the road
• Travelling with dogs
• Vehicle troubleshooting and repairs
• The last word on intercontinental single-vehicle shipping
• Colour overlanders’ trip reports
• Continental Route Outlines for Africa, Asia and Latin America
Format: Paperback | 480 pages
16 maps • 32 colour pages • 308 B&W photos
RRP: £19.99 / US$29.95